Grundig Ski-Yachting 2020
ROYAL NORWEGIAN YACHT CLUB / RNYC
KONGELIG NORSK SEILFORENING / KNS
Invitation to ICOYC Members
Grundig Ski-Yachting 2020
SKI AND SAIL
Norway has a long tradition of skiing and sailing and combining this into one sport is great fun. RNYC has organized this type of events several time in Oslo but the major challenge has always been that conditions rarely are ideal for both sports at the same time. But from 2020 it is now possible since the new indoor arena “Snø” opens.
The format is basically that a giant slalom race counts in the total scoring of the regatta. Normally it is difficult but not impossible to win if you are bad in the skiing part, but it is impossible to win if you only do well in the skiing.
We therefore have the great honour to invite the member clubs of ICOYC for the 2020 Grundig Ski Yachting in Oslo. The sailing will be in J/70 in heat sailing, which means that each flight consists of 7 teams racing each other as it is known in the sailing champions league. RNYC provides equipment so each team only needs personal sailing gear. However, we can also provide that if needed. Sailing should not be the problem – for many the skiing is the challenge. Each team consist of 4 persons where two must be able to somehow get down a ski slope. If skiing quality is a huge challenge a team can add one person (local Norwegian) to the crew for the skiing part.
The event is an invitational event and 21 teams will be invited – 5 of these teams will be Norwegian teams. Each team will represent a club and only one team pr. Club will be invited except of the Norwegians where qualifying regatta will be held. All international clubs must apply for an invitation no later than January 1st 2020. The aim is to gets representation from all over the world we therefore have made a deal with one of our partners Turkish Airlines – which mean that teams from Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand gets very good price for their travel.
- Thursday, June 4 20:00 Reception and briefing RNYC
- Friday, June 5 09:00-14:00 Practice in J/70
16.00-22:00 Ski competition in “Snø”
- Saturday, June 6 10:00-18:00 Sailracing at RNYC
19:00 Aftersail at RNYC
- Sunday, June 7 10.00-16.00 Sail racing at RNYC
18.00 Prizegiving dinner at “Dronningen”
Cost and Registration
- Entry fee is 6,500 NOK (approximately 650 Euros)
- Prize dinner is included in the entry fee
- For further information or apply for an invitation do not hesitate to contact Vibeke Grenness at firstname.lastname@example.org or cell: +47 958 21 907
Hotel and Extra Events
- The event hotel is the Thon Hotel - Vika Atrium. Booking will be done by RNYS,
- RNYC has made special arrangements which reduces prices to Nok 996,- per night in standard single room. Breakfast buffet and WiFi included. Additional Nok 300,- for a double room/extra person in the room.
- The hotel booking must be done no later than 01st. of March 2020 in order to get the discount on the hotel.
- Friday the 12th of June the Færderrace takes place. The Færderrace is a large (600+ entries) keelboat distance regatta finishing in Tønsberg – 90 km further down the Oslo Fjord.
- To any of the participant we gladly offer the opportunity to join. It is possible to charter boats and it is also possibly to get in a as crew on different kinds of boats if it has any interest. For many this is a golden opportunity.
The Leading Yacht Clubs ... Working Together ... Sharing Experiences
Last updated Friday, October 04, 2019