san diego yacht club
San Diego, California, USA
Tucked away in beautiful Point Loma, the San Diego Yacht Club is consistently ranked among the top yacht clubs in the nation and is recognized by the Club Leadership Forum as one of the finest facilities of its kind in the world. Throughout its existence, the San Diego Yacht Club has evolved from a small gathering of boating enthusiasts joining together in 1886 to a world renowned yachting community recognized for its success in bay sailing, ocean racing, predicted log racing, cruising, angling, and its support of youth programs at all levels.
| Aerial View of the San Diego Yacht Club
|| Racing in front of the Coronado Bay Bridge
Competitions have ranged from Major National and World Championships to the Lipton Cup, from Junior Regattas to the Olympics, and from Classic yachts to the America’s Cup. Training and racing programs are available for adults as well as juniors.
The San Diego Yacht Club Junior Program which is ranked among the best in the United States is a year round, internationally recognized program developing youth sailor athletes for the future. Events are scheduled throughout the year for sailors of all ability levels including field trips, special racing clinics and a very active afterschool program. During the summer months, the Junior Program employs the finest instructional staff, recruited from around the globe, to teach an eight-week sailing and racing program. Members of the Junior Program have access to the Junior Charter Fleet including impressive fleets of boats. A full program of learning, racing or day sailing has led to the San Diego Yacht Club Junior Program’s success and serves to reinforce the members’ dedication to the Corinthian principle and tradition of yachting.
Operating year-round, the San Diego Yacht Club offers a variety of activities for our members, spouses and children as well as full service facilities including: Bar, Library, Picnic Area, Dining Room, Banquet and Meeting Rooms, Snack Bar-during summer months, Lockers, Wet Slips, Dingy Racks, Sail Drying Areas, Dry Storage Spaces, Hoists with capacity from 1,500 to 6,000 pounds, Tennis Courts, Swimming Pool, Saunas / Jacuzzi, Full Service Sailing Center, Fitness Center with cardio and weight training machines and Buffalo Beach Outstation at White’s Landing on Catalina Island.
The San Diego Yacht Club has encouraged and fostered an environment that has helped and continues to produce the best in the world of yachting-related disciplines.
- Heritage - Embrace a Corinthian spirit in an environment of camaraderie while preserving our rich history and culture.
- Excellence - Pursue excellence in competition, leadership, management, membership, and community relations.
- Integrity - Adhere to the highest standards of honesty and ethical behavior.
- Member Satisfaction - Maintain a safe and secure environment with a variety of high quality amenities and services.
- Consistency and Fairness - Practice fair and equal treatment to all our members, employees, and community.
- Sound Business & Financial Practices - Strategically plan, budget, and manage our operations and financial affairs to ensure long-term stability and viability.
Last updated Sunday, September 08, 2013
Click on the forward (Next) and backwards (Prev) arrows to view the slide show featuring San Diego Yacht Club.