New Photo Management System
The old software tool, Phanfare, was sold and we have moved the ICOYC Photo Gallery to the SmugMug system (www.smugmug.com).
These albums are created from photos taken by the participants in ICOYC events. Contact email@example.com if you have photos to share with other ICOYC members.
Read below to see how to use the features of SmugMug for viewing and uploading photos.
Quick Link to Photo Albums
In SmugMug, click on the "play" button (right pointing triangle) to view albums in the Slideshow format, or the "download" button (downwards pointing arrow) to download individual photos or albums.
Recently Posted: 2016 Commodore's Forum in Copenhagen - 19-23 September 2016
ALL ALBUMS HERE
(Last updated Thursday, May 25, 2017)
How to Use the ICOYC SmugMug Site
The photo albums stored on the ICOYC Smugmug site at https://icoyc.smugmug.com. The photos can be viewed by the general public.
Viewing the Albums
- From your internet browser, enter https://icoyc.smugmug.com
- You should see a screen containing the ICOYC globe logo.
- Scroll down to see the album directory of folders by year.
- Click on the desired year to display the albums for that year.
- Now select an album within the desired year by clicking on the image of the named album.
- The album opens and displays thumbnails of the photos in the album.
- Clicking on a thumbnail image displays a larger view of it.
- Now move forwards or backwards through the album with the arrows to the left and right of the photo.
- An automatic slideshow can be run by clicking the "Play" icon (right-pointing triangle just to the left of the "Buy Photos" shopping cart) at the top of the thumbnails..
- You can order prints of specific images or build your own downloadable book of photos by clicking on "Buy Photos". You also buy other items (mugs, postcards, photo stickers, mouse pads, etc.) by clicking on the Keepsakes tab in the shopping cart.
- Finally specific images can be downloaded by clicking on the download icon at the top of the album or within a specific image. The selected images will be packed up in a ZIP file and a link will be shown.
- When finished with the album, return to the main menu by clicking on the Home symbol near the top left corner.
Adding Your Photos to the Albums
Members are more than welcome to share their photos with fellow ICOYC members by uploading photos to the ICOYC Smugmug site. Unfortunately, the upload facility is not generally available to the viewers, only to the photo system administrator. Please upload your photos to a cloud-based storage site and send a link to the photo system administrator. Alternatively, you can send photos by snail mail with optical discs or flash drives. Please let the Webeditor know with an e-mail to WebEditor@ICOYC.org and tell us what you want to do and how many photos are in the album.
Guidelines for Good Photos
The albums should contain a highly selected group of photos which show ICOYC and its members at our best. This means edit, edit, edit.
Don't send photo that are:
- "Boring" views of far distance sights or "yet another" picture of a bunch of boats
- Show people drinking
- Embarrassing to the people in the photo or to ICOYC
Some members are using the Ricoh Theta S camera to take 360 degree photos which can be displayed in full 'surround sound' viewing mode using special photo viewers. These photos are contained in stand-alone albums with the name "360º xxx".
The Ricoh Theta S camera takes 360 degree images and special viewers can be used to see the photos in full view with the user moving the point of view around within the photo. This special viewing mode requires a downloaded viewer as described below. When the Theta photos are displayed with normal photo viewers, they look somewhat distorted from a very wide angle viewpoint.
Theta photos are displayed in a separate album and the images must be downloaded before viewing. The sections below describe how to use the specialized viewers.
1) Via PC (Windows®) or Mac (Mac OS)
a) Access the following website to download and install the free RICOH THETA for Windows®/Mac:
http://theta360.com/en/support/download/. You have to have your PC/Mac administrator privileges in order to install the software.
b) Access the ICOYC Smugmug Site, Photo Gallery. If you see photos in very wide angle, they are 360° photos.
c) When a 360° photo is displayed and if you want to see it in real 360° mode, click the “Download” button on upper-right corner of the screen and select “Download Image”. The photo will be save in your “Downloads” folder after a few seconds. Download as many photos as you want.
d) Open the RICOC THETA software to see the "Drag and drop the spherical image" message. Then drag the photos in your Download folder to the viewer one by one.
Or, click “File” and “Open…” the photo(s) you saved in your “Downloads” folder.
e) Now you can see your amazing photos in 360° by just holding the left-click button and move the mouse/pad.
2) Via iPhone or iPad
a) In App Store, search and install the free RICOH THETA S App.
f) Access ICOYC Smugmug Site, Photo Gallery. . If you see photos in very wide angle, they are 360° photos.
b) When a 360° photo is displayed and if you want to see it in real 360° mode, long press the photo on the screen and press “Save Image”, long press the photo on the screen and select “Save Image”. The photo will be saved in your Camera Roll.
c) Open the THETA S App, select “Photos”, “Camera Roll” and pick the 360° photo(s) you saved.
d) Now you can see your amazing photo(s) in 360° by just scrolling your finger, shrink or enlarge the photo(s) by tw fingers.
3) Android and other smartphone OS
The RICHO THETA S App works for images directly transferred from a RICHO THETA S camera and images downloaded from some websites only. 360° images downloaded from Smugmug System are not yet supported.